Once considered too cost-prohibitive for many businesses, video now plays a starring role in most successful marketing plans. Thanks to the digital revolution, producing high-quality video is now much simpler and less expensive than in the past, but that’s not the only reason we’ve seen it quickly become the superstar it is today. We explore its rise to stardom below with three compelling reasons to add video to your marketing plan.
1. Video Is Preferred
If you ask your audience how they prefer to consume content, most will choose video as their number one:
- According to the latest research, 99% of respondents enjoy watching video content from brands online.
- In addition, when asked what type of content they prefer to see from brands, the majority of consumers, nearly 55%, chose video.
- Further, 66% of customers said they would rather learn about a product or service by watching a video than by reading about it.
The number of platforms where video is consumed has also exploded. YouTube still leads the pack by far, but Facebook is coming up as a strong second and other platforms are beginning to make a dent. The key to success? Making your videos worth sharing and commenting on.
2. Video Is Versatile
Video works across all four parts of your media mix—paid, earned, owned and shared. The commercial you produce for paid advertising can be edited for your website and social media platforms, and for use in earned media pitches.
You can also use video to accomplish a variety of goals, from education to sales and branding. No matter what you want to communicate, video is often the most compelling way for you to tell your story. The numbers speak for themselves:
- WordStream reports that marketers who use video grow revenue nearly 50% faster than those who don’t.
- Wyzowl found that 83% of video marketers say video marketing helped increase the average time spent on their page.
- According to Optinmonster, marketers using video get 66% more qualified leads per year.
3. Video Packs a Punch
Because video combines sight, sound and motion to evoke emotion and action, it allows you to tell a story, explain a process or deliver a message more clearly and concisely than print and static images.
- According to AdWeek, viewers say they retain 95% of a message delivered via video, and 92% of mobile users report sharing videos with others.
- Video is easily accessible to a large audience. In fact, this year, it’s estimated that 82% of global internet traffic will come from video streaming and downloads.
- Wyzowl’s most recent video marketing statistics show that 84% of people say they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video.
We Make Video Marketing a Snap
It’s clear there are many reasons to add video to your marketing plan. Looking for a place to make it happen? Our fully equipped studio offers the technology, functionality and versatility you need. We can also arrange for full or partial production assistance—including concept development, copywriting and production services—through our agency partner.